NINA-B41 series RF Module by u-blox AG
The NINA-B41 Series (u-connect) from u-blox are Standalone Bluetooth 5.1 modules with long range and direction finding support. They use Angle-of-Arrival and Angle-of-Departure information for indoor positioning to determine the direction from which a signal is transmitted. This allows for more accurate location implementations. These modules are based on the Nordic nRF52833 chip and deliver an output power of up to 8 dBm with an extended communication range of up to 1400 m. The modules require a DC supply from 1.7 to 3.6 V and consumes under 6 mA of current.
With an operating temperature range of -40 °C to +105 °C, the modules are ideal for harsh industrial or lighting applications that must operate at high ambient temperatures. They can also be used in smart buildings, smart cities, industrial automation systems, sensor networks, and asset tracking solutions. The modules are globally certified and are available in internal and external antenna options.
The NINA-B41 Series modules are pre-installed with u-connectXpress software that provides support for u-blox Bluetooth Low Energy Serial Port Service, GATT client and server, beacons, NFC™, and simultaneous peripheral and central roles. u-blox u-connectXpress software allows hosts to easily configure connectivity using AT commands over a UART inteface. The NINA-B41 modules provide top-grade security, thanks to secure boot, which ensures that the modules only boot up with authenticated u-connectXpress software.
These modules are globally certified for use with the internal antenna or a range of external antennas. They are available in packages with an external antenna connected through a U.FL connector or module pin. The global pre-certification of u-blox modules results in less compliance and verification testing, lower development costs, and an accelerated time to market for the application designs.
- Part Number: NINA-B41 series
- Manufacturer: u-blox AG
- Description: Bluetooth 5.1 Modules for Harsh Environments
- Technology: Bluetooth
- Application: Smart Buildings, Smart Cities, Industrial Automation Systems, Sensor Networks, and Asset Tracking Solutions
- Bluetooth Standards: Bluetooth v5.1
- Data Rate: 0.8 Mbps
- Supply Voltage: 1.7 to 3.6 V
- Current Receiving: 6 mA
- Current Transmitting: 6 mA
- Sleep current: 600 nA
- Output Power: 10 dBm
- Sensitivity: -102 to -95 dBm
- Line of Sight Range: 1400 Meters
- Integrated Antenna: Yes
- Interface Type: UART, GPIO
- Security: Secure boot, Secure Simple Pairing, 128-bit AES encryption, Bluetooth Low Energy secure connections
- Chip: nRF52833
- Weight: 1 g
- Mounting Type: Surface Mount, Solder pins
- Dimension: 10.0 x 11.6 x 2.2 mm (NINA-B411), 10.0 x 15.0 x 2.2 mm (NINA-B410, NINA-B416)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 105 Degree C
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 105 Degree C
Courtesy of everything RF