HSY Series Frequency Synthesizer by Holzworth Instrumentation
The HSY Series from Holzworth are YIG-based RF Signal Synthesizers that operate from 10 MHz to 3/6/12/24/40 GHz. They are available in 1, 2, 3 or 4 channel options, with each channel having an accurate dynamic range from -110 to +20 dBm. The synthesizers provide a frequency step size of 0.001 Hz, have a phase offset resolution of 0.1º, and a switching speed of less than 10 ms. These multi-channel CW signal sources offer excellent phase noise and spectral purity performance. They are ideal for applications such as semiconductor manufacturing, quantum computing, and radar test systems where phase coherency and signal purity are critical.
The YIG based (Yttrium Iron Garnett), multi-loop PLL architecture dramatically increases the performance beyond current Holzworth RF synthesizers in terms of phase noise and spectral purity and increases channel-to-channel phase coherency and stability.
Each RF output is driven by a separate, internally loaded synthesizer/attenuator module. Up to 4
independently tunable synthesizers can be specified per 1U chassis allowing for the highest integrated channel density available in its class. With an average power dissipation of less than 20
Watts per channel, the HSY Series is highly efficient.
The HSY Series RF signal synthesizers are available in a compact, 1U enclosure that measures 15.00 x 17.00 x 1.75 inches and has SMA connectors. They support USB Type-B, Ethernet, RS-232, GPIB data I/O control interfaces.
- Part Number: HSY Series
- Manufacturer: Holzworth Instrumentation
- Description: YIG Based Multi-Channel RF Signal Synthesizers from 10 MHz to 40 GHz
- Synthesizer Type: Tunable Frequency
- Channels: 4 Channel
- Frequency: 10 MHz to 3/6/12/24/40 GHz
- Resolution: 0.01 dB
- Step Size: 0.001 Hz
- Output Power: -110 to 20 dBm
- Harmonics: -40 to – 28 dBc (2nd), -50 to -45 dBc (3rd)
- Spurious: -88 to -62 dBc
- Interface: GPIB, RS-232, USB
- Phase Noise: -160 to -118 dBc/Hz
- Switching Speed: 5 to 10 ms
- External Ref Frequency: 10 / 100 MHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Package Type: Rack Mount
- Connector: SMA, SMA – Female
- Weight: 25 lb ( 11.34 kg)
- Dimension: 15in x 17in x 1.75in ( 381mm x 431.8mm x 44.5mm )
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 55 Degree C
- Storage Temperature: -10 to 60 Degree C
- RoHS: Yes
- Note: Power Consumption : 5 W (Chassis), 17 W (Channel), AC Supply : 100 to 240 V
Courtesy of everything RF