Courtesy of Nordic Semiconductor
Advanced performance Bluetooth5/ANT/2.4GHz proprietary SoC
|The nRF52832 SoC is a powerful, highly flexible ultra-low power multiprotocol SoC ideally suited for Bluetooth® low energy (previously called Bluetooth Smart), ANT and 2.4GHz ultra low-power wireless applications. The nRF52832 SoC is built around a 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M4F CPU with 512kB + 64kB RAM. The embedded 2.4GHz transceiver supports Bluetooth low energy, ANT and proprietary 2.4 GHz protocol stack. It is on air compatible with the nRF51 Series, nRF24L and nRF24AP Series products from Nordic Semiconductor.||
The nRF52832 has hardware support on-chip for Bluetooth 5. This includes high throughput and advertising extension.
The nRF52832 incorporates a powerful Cortex-M4F processor enabling the most demanding applications with complex arithmetic requirements to be realized in a single chip solution. The IC supports DSP instructions, a Floating Point Unit (FPU), single-cycle multiply and accumulate, and hardware divide for energy-efficient process of computationally complex operations.
The 2.4GHz radio supports multiple protocols including Bluetooth low energy, ANT and 2.4GHz proprietary. The radio has high definition RSSI and highly automated functionality, including EasyDMA for direct memory access during packet send and retrieve. Nordic provides protocol stacks for Bluetooth low energy. ANT protocol stacks are available from ANT here: www.thisisant.com.
The nRF52832 SoC is an extremely power efficient device that can run from a supply between 1.7V and 3.6V. All individual peripherals and clocks offer complete flexibility of power down when not required for task operation thus minimizing power consumption to a minimum. The IC has a comprehensive system of automated and adaptive power management features. These features range across the entire IC’s operation from power supply switching to peripheral bus/EasyDMA memory management, to automated shut down of all but the absolute essential peripherals required to perform a task.
On-chip NFC tag
NFC™-A tag support is included on chip. Out-of-Band (OOB) pairing using NFC simplifies the process of authenticated pairing between two Bluetooth devices by exchanging authentication information over an NFC link.
The nRF52832 is available in 6x6mm 48-pin QFN packages and 3.0×3.2mm ultra-compact wafer-level chip-scale packages (WL-CSP).
- Single chip, highly flexible, 2.4 GHz multi-protocol SoC
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F Processor
- 1.7v to 3.6v operation
- 512kB flash + 64kB RAM
- Supports concurrent Bluetooth low energy/ANT protocol operation
- On-chip NFC tag for Out-of-Band (OOB) pairing
- Up to +4dBm output power
- -96dBm sensitivity, Bluetooth low energy
- Thread safe and run-time protected
- Event driven API
- On air compatible with nRF24L and nRF24AP series
- 2 data rates (2Mbps/1Mbps)
- PPI – maximum flexibility for power-efficient applications and code simplification
- Automated power management system with automatic power management of each peripheral
- Configurable I/O mapping for analog and digital I/O
- 3 x Master/Slave SPI
- 2 x Two-wire interface (I²C)
- UART (RTS/CTS)
- 3 x PWM
- AES HW encryption
- 12-bit ADC
- Real Time Counter (RTC)
- Digital microphone interface (PDM)
- On-chip balun
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- SmartHome sensors
- Connected white goods
- Computer peripherals
- Voice-command smart remotes
- A4WP ‘Rezence’ wireless charging
- Sports and fitness sensors and hubs
- Connected health products
- Smart watches
- RC Toys
- Interactive games
- Building automation and sensor networks
View more here: www.nordicsemi.com