Courtesy of Nordic Semiconductor
Low power MCU with Integrated LTE-M and NB-IoT
Not Yet Active
The nRF9160 is making the latest LTE technology accessible for a wide range of applications and developers. Through the high integration and pre-certification for global operation, it solves the complex wireless design challenges as well as comprehensive set of qualifications needed to utilize cellular technology.
By integrating an application MCU, full LTE modem, RF front end and power management in a 10x16x1.2 mm package, it also offers the most compact solution for cellular IoT (cIoT) on the market.
Targeting asset tracking applications, the nRF91 SiP Series includes a variant with built-in GPS support. It combines location data from the cellular network with GPS satellite trilateration to allow remote monitoring of the device position.
The nRF9160 offers a modern and powerful ARM Cortex M33 processor with on-chip flash and RAM exclusively for application use.
|Recorded version of the live webcast Monday January 22nd, 2018 at 17:00pm CET.|
LTE-M and NB-IoT modem
- LTE-M and NB-IoT support in bands from 700 MHz to 2.2GHz
- Worldwide operation
- Up to 23 dBm output power
- -108 dBm LTE-M RX sensitivity
- Single pin 50 Ω antenna interface
- eDRX, PSM
- SMS, IPv4/IPv6
- TCP/UDP, TLS/DTLS
- ARM Cortex M33
- TrustZone for trusted execution
- Crypto cell co-processor
- Low power peripherals
- HW Automated power and clock management
- 32 GPIO with flexible mapping
Software Development kit
- LWM2M client
- CoAP, MQTT, HTTP
- Secure FOTA for application and modem
- Peripheral driver libraries
- Application examples
- Logistics and asset tracking
- Smart City
- Smart Agriculture
- Industrial & Predictive maintenance