Courtesy of Tibbo Technology WA2000
The WA2000 adds 802.11abgn Wi-Fi and BLE4.2 Bluetooth Low-Energy connectivity to compatible programmable Tibbo devices. The module is an upgrade of Tibbo’s GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on module.
The WA2000 is also partially supported on T1000-based programmable Tibbo products. These devices can only access the Wi-Fi interface of the WA2000, as the BLE interface is not supported by related platforms. The devices are: DS1101, DS1102, EM1000, EM1001, EM1206, TPP2, and TPP3.
The WA2000’s internal firmware can be updated from a Tibbo BASIC/C app or over-the-air (OTA). OTA updates are performed from our iOS and Android Tibbo Updater apps. A single OTA update file may contain not only the new firmware for the WA2000’s internal CPU, but also TiOS and compiled Tibbo BASIC/C app for the host device (such as the EM2000)*. This means that your entire programmable Tibbo device can be updated over the air and using a single file.
In addition, we have developed an app for configuring compatible Tibbo devices via the BLE interface of the WA2000. Dubbed L.U.I.S., or Loadable User Interface System, the app relies on HTML5-formatted data to present the user with configuration pages sent by Tibbo devices. A simple-to-use library that adds L.U.I.S. support to your Tibbo BASIC?C app is also available.
The WA2000 utilizes the SPI interface and requires only 5 I/O lines to control. The module is supplied in two versions: the WA2000U with an U.FL connector for attaching an external antenna, and WA2000C device with a chip antenna onboard.
Please note that the WA2000 is a slave device and cannot be used on its own.
* TiOS and Tibbo BASIC/C app updates are only possible on Tibbo’s ARM-based programmable devices.
- Supports the following wireless communications standards:
- 2.4/5.0GHz Wi-Fi (802.11abgn);
- Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE4.2) (1).
- Nearly 100% backward-compatible with the original GA1000 device.
- Performs WPA key calculation completely internally.
- Requires only five GPIO lines to control.
- Internal firmware of the WA2000:
- Stored in the WA2000’s onboard flash memory.
- Upgradeable from a Tibbo BASIC/C app or over-the-air (OTA) (2);
- OTA files may include TiOS+Tibbo BASIC/C app of the host (2);
- Tibbo supplies iOS/Android apps for performing OTA updates.
- L.U.I.S. app for iOS and Android facilitates convenient HTML5-based configuration of host devices through the BLE interface (3).
- Two antenna configurations:
- WA2000U — has a U.FL connector for an external antenna;
- WA2000C — carries a chip antenna onboard.
- Red status LED for connection indication (4).
- Power: 200mA @ 3.3V (active state with data transmission).
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 42.0 x 20.0 x 5.8mm.
- Prototyping-friendly 2.54mm (100mil) pin pitch.
- Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +85C.
- FCC-certified, FCC ID: XOJ-WA2000.
- CE certification pending.
(1) BLE is only supported on ARM-based Tibbo devices.
(2) Over-the-air (OTA) updates rely on the BLE interface and are only possible on ARM-based Tibbo devices.
(3) Requires a programmable Tibbo device running a Tibbo BASIC/C app supporting L.U.I.S. (through the use of the L.U.I.S. library).
(4) “Connection” means a BLE link or a Wi-Fi association with an access point.
- EM2000 programmable IoT module
- EM2001 programmable IoT board
- TPP2(G2) board, part of Tibbo Project System (TPS)
- TPP3(G2) board, part of Tibbo Project System (TPS)
Files and Documentation
|WA2000 binary file||To be published|
|Documentation||WA2000 Hardware Manual|
|CE Certificates||To be published|
|FCC Certificates||2.4GHz band