LabSat 3 Wideband New Firmware Release
LabSat has released LabSat 3 Wideband Firmware 1.2 build 838 – this is available for all users to download from the LabSat website.
This firmware includes the following changes:
- LabSat will emit a ‘Beep’ as a notification of a buffer over or underflow event during record or replay. Time into the record/replay that the buffer event occurred will be stated in the corresponding .ini file under the ‘Buffer’ heading.
- Network security can be enabled within the Labsat ‘LAN’ menu – this will password protect access to the internal SSD via ethernet.
- Copying files from USB or SD card media to internal SSD now supported.
- MAC address now displayed within the LabSat ‘About’ menu and on the ‘System Settings’ page of the webserver.
- Added support for Wi-Fi dongles using the MediaTek MT7601 chipset.
- Adjustment to automatic gain control to optimise quality of recorded signals.
- Telnet command including a play ‘from’ time now overrides the time set in the ‘Play Options’ menu.
- LabSat is no longer unable to record a new file if a .ini file from a previous recording is present on the SSD without a matching.LS3W file.
We highly recommend that any LabSat 3 Wideband users that are testing with passive or low gain antennas, or in GNSS obscured areas where signals can be at a reduced level, upgrade to this firmware version. During testing an improvement was seen in the signal capture quality in these types of environments – which may affect the TTFF performance of some receivers.
SatGen Software BETA Release
LabSat has released a BETA version (3.14.17) of SatGen Software – this is available for all users to download from the LabSat website.
This version includes integration of new inbuilt maps resolving the issue previously experienced by users where the maps within SatGen were inaccessible – also adding the ability to select between map providers (Google, Bing or OpenStreet).
Courtesy of LabSat