Surface Mount Resistors With Outrigger Heat Sink Increase Power Handling Capabilities
CXH Series of Surface Mount Chip Resistors and Terminations
Smiths Interconnect announced the release of its extended CXH Series of Surface Mount Chip Resistors and Terminations.
The CXH Series uses a patented layout to provide improved power handling over conventional flip chart resistors, without compromising broadband performance. This makes the CXH Series well suited for a wide array of RF applications, particularly in the space and defence markets.
“Smiths Interconnect’s proven expertise in RF component design has resulted in an advanced and innovative product series with no equivalent product available in the marketplace” says Paul Harris, VP of Sales and Marketing. “To aid RF designers achieve elite performance, we offer multiple configuration, power handling and material options, improving design flexibility and adaptability.”
The patented design (US 8, 994, 490), with added solderable outrigger pads on the sides of the chip, allows to dissipate significantly more power through the extra thermal paths (approximately 50 percent more than conventional surface mount solutions).
The CXH Series is lead free, RoHS compliant and available in tape and reel packaging for high volume pick and place applications.
The CXH Series is designed for surface mount (SMT) applications and offers:
– Up to 27 GHz of operating frequency when properly matched in a coplanar waveguide structure.
– Up to 12.5 W of power to supply a wide array of applications and satisfy different customers’ needs.
– Robust thick and thin film process technology, ideal for harsh environments.
– Standard resistance values ranging from 10 to 500 ohms with a standard tolerance of ±5 percent.
– Power handling performance tested according to MIL-PRF-55432 to ensure series qualification.
Courtesy of Microwave Journal