[THREAD] Discover the Benefits of Tracking Shipping Containers with IoT pic.twitter.com/06Y3AWOyEp
— Sigfox (@sigfox) April 10, 2018
Courtesy of Sigfox
Data collected by container tracking sensors create value for shippers which is partly short-term and can be anticipated. It enables construction of the business case and endorsement of the project.
1. Foreseen Transportation Lead Time: Advantage of several days by using real-time data to speed up operations at the port of arrival.
2. Reduced Stock Decreased transportation time reduces stock being transported. Which helps shippers save more. Value depends on company stock level but can be counted in millions or tens of millions of euros.
3. Alerts in The Event of Delay Better time management of critical cases
4. Visibility of Service for Customers Can be considered a determining factor for a product or increase its value for customers.
The accumulation of detailed tracking data of a large number of shipments will also create long-term gains, which are more difficult to assess upstream of the project.
This is the “Blind Flow” principle: It is difficult to assess performance results before it is carried out.
5. Additional Lead-Time Gains Choice of carriers and choice of departure and arrival ports can be optimized, and carriers’ commitments can be monitored better.
@sigfox LPWAN network and its international coverage, containers can be tracked under highly competitive conditions for the shipper.
1. Independence from shipping lines and transporters The shipper can choose the flows that they want to track within the geographic scope of the network coverage.
2. Plug-and-Play solution No infrastructure to install, sensors with very long runtimes (several years)
3. Competitive price The total price is 3 to 5 times lower than existing traditional tracking solutions (the price covers the tracker, connectivity fees, the platform, reverse logistics and trackers customs).