Courtesy of Tibbo : EM500 MiniMo® Programmable IoT Module
The EM500 is an ultra-compact Tibbo BASIC/C-programmable IoT Module with Ethernet and optional Wi-Fi* connectivity. The EM500 has one UART.
The first member of our MiniMo® family, the EM500 is designed to be used in tandem with a standard RJ45 magnetics jack. The combined footprint of the EM500 and a typical jack is only 28.5 x 18.5mm (1.12 x 0.73″).
Compact dimensions, space-saving “vertical slice” form factor, low power consumption, and economical pricing make the module an excellent fit for miniature, cost-sensitive “connected” devices.
Module testing and evaluation can be performed with our EM500EV development system.
* Requires the GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on to be connected externally.
Here is How You Can Use the EM500
As a Serial-over-IP (SoI) Device
Build Your Own IoT Solution
The EM500 is programmable in Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C. Develop your very own IoT solution from scratch or take inspiration from our open-source applications and code samples published in the Code and Apps section.
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port (no RJ45/magnetics)
- Optional Wi-Fi connectivity (with the GA1000 add-on)
- 1 UART, supports serial, Wiegand, and clock/data streams
- 8 general-purpose I/O lines (5V-tolerant)
- 512K flash for TiOS and application, support for external 1MB ﬂash disk
- 208-byte EEPROM
- Dual-function LED control (see “An Enlightening Idea” below)
- Height and width of an RJ45 jack, thickness 6.5mm
- 3.3V power