UBX-R5 Cellular IoT Module by u-blox AG
The UBX-R5 Series from u-blox is a Global Multi-Band Cellular Chipset that supports LPWA, LTE-M and NB-IoT technologies. It is optimized for IoT applications such as smart metering, telematics, tracking, security systems, building automation, as well as smart lighting solutions and connected health. It implements key features of 3GPP Release 14, answering the need for longevity in IoT solutions. This chipset has a downlink data rate of 375 kbit/s and an uplink data rate of up to 1200 kbit/s.
The UBX-R5 chipset includes integrated RF, baseband, power management, and RAM and supports several power-saving functionalities, such as PSM and eDRX. Further, it supports enhanced LTE coverage via CE Mode A and B for LTE-M, and ECL1 and ECL2 for NB-IoT, achieving deeper penetration inside buildings and underground.
The UBX-R5 includes the hardware-based root of trust (RoT) integrated into a discrete secure element compliant with EAL5 to offer unmatched built-in end-to-end security. The 5G-ready platform also offers an integrated eSIM capability, offering customers SIM activation and subscription management options. It is designed for multi-regional use and can be easily integrated with u-blox GNSS products. This powerful edge computing platform features Antenna Dynamic Tuning technology and is available in a 395-pin FCBGA package (8.5 x 9.0 x 1.0 mm), and provides a hosted application environment.
- Part Number : UBX-R5
- Manufacturer : u-blox AG
- Description : Global Multi-Band LPWA, LTE-M, and NB-IoT Cellular Chipset
- 3GPP Release : Release 13, Release 14
- Cellular Standards : Cat M1, Cat NB1, Cat NB2
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 9.0 x 1.0 mm
- Interface : ADC, I2C, PWM, SDIO, SPI, UART, USB, DDC (I2C)
- LTE Bands : B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66, B71, B85
- Package : 395 Pins FCBGA package
- Package Type : Surface Mount
- Region : Global
- SMS : Yes
- Technology : NB-IoT, LTE-M
- Downlink Datarate : 125 kbps (Cat NB2), 375 kbps (Cat M1)
- Operating Temperature : -40 to 85 Degree C
- Supply Voltage : 3.3 to 4.4 V
- Transmitted Power : 14 dBm
- Uplink Datarate : 140 kbps (Cat NB2), 1200 kbps (Cat M1)
Courtesy of everything RF