Lotus Communication Systems Introduces Software-Defined Block Up/Down Converter
Lotus Communication Systems, a manufacturer of connectorized, cascadable RF and microwave components, has introduced the BUDC2G14G, which is a software-defined block up/down converter. It has an RF frequency range from 2 GHz to 14 GHz and an IF frequency range from 500 MHz to 6 GHz. An integrated low phase noise LO supports LO frequencies from 1 GHz to 12 GHz.
The BUDC2G14G has 8 dB of conversion loss at 5.8 GHz with low LO-RF leakage <30 dBm. It can be powered either by USB-C or +5~6 V at the terminal with only 235 mA of current draw. The converter is available in a module that measures 2.8125″ (2-7/8″) x 1.3125″ (1-5/16″) x 0.48″. It has broad applications and can be used to extend the spectrum analyzer measurement range to 14 GHz.
Key features of BUDC2G14G:
- Up-conversion or Down-conversion.
- RF Frequency 2 GHz to 14 GHz.
- IF Frequency 500 MHz to 6 GHz.
- Integrated LO (no External Reference/LO needed).
- Software Programmable LO Frequency (1 GHz ~12 GHz) Low.
- LO-RF Leakage: <30 dBm.
- Power by USB-C or +5~6 V Terminal / 235 mA current.
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +60 C.
- ROHS Compliant.
The BUDC2G14G is ideal for microwave transceivers/point-to-point microwave, test instruments, satellite block up/down conversion, C, X, and Ku band radar, and software-defined radio/ham radio applications.
Courtesy of everything RF