WBR-0518-MOD Integrated Microwave Assembly by KRATOS General Microwave
The WBR-0518-MOD from Kratos is a Super Heterodyne Wideband Receiver that operates from 0.5 to 18 GHz. It consists of an LNA, filter, synthesizer unit, controller, AM log detector, FM discriminator, and IF bandwidth selector. The input stage consists of a high dynamic range front end which includes a preselector.
The receiver has three simultaneous IF output ports. It uses dual down converter sections that use synthesized LO inputs to convert all incoming signals to a 1 GHz signal. This 1 GHz signal is then fed to the IF assembly for further down-conversion, gain control, and filtering to provide simultaneous outputs of 160 MHz and 380 MHz. The 1 GHz signal is also provided as a third and separate IF output. In addition, the 1 GHz signal is also fed, in parallel, to the demodulator sections which comprise AM and FM detectors. These can then extract the respective amplitude and frequency information from the modulated 1 GHz IF signal (CW or narrow pulse widths of 50 nanoseconds).
The WBR-0518-MOD is capable of advanced detection and processing of communication and non-communication signals. This receiver offers all the features required for high data rate reception while maintaining high pulse fidelity for interception of radar signals. It configures all of the receiver sub-assemblies and collects their response to generate a global status report. The receiver has a built-in test (BIT) capability which continuously monitors the operation of the receiver. In the event of a malfunction, it will issue a failure indication alert to the main system. The receiver is available in a module that measures 440 x 220 x 40 mm and is designed for use as a stand-alone receiver or it can be used in more complex receiving systems for ELINT and ESM applications.
The WBR-0518-MOD requires a DC supply of 5-12 V and supports an Ethernet interface.
- Part Number: WBR-0518-MOD
- Manufacturer: KRATOS General Microwave
- Description: 0.5 to 18 GHz, Super Heterodyne Wideband Receiver
- Application: ELINT and ESM applications
- Configuration: Antenna, Down Converter, Low Noise Amplifier
- Dimensions: 440 x 220 x 40 mm, 17.3 x 8.66 x 1.57 Inch
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Product Types: Receiver
- Pulse Width: 50 ns
- VSWR: 2.0:1
- Weight: 5.8 kg
- Current: 0.1 to 3.6 A
- Dynamic Range: 59 dB
- Frequency: 0.5 to 18 GHz
- Input Power: 20 dBm
- Noise Figure: 14 dB
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 70 Degree C
- Phase Noise: -130 to -85 dBc/Hz
- Phase Noise 1 kHz: -85 dBc/Hz
- Phase Noise 10 kHz: -90 dBc/Hz
- Phase Noise 100 KHz: -100 dBc/Hz
- Sensitivity: -58 dBm
- Spurious: -55 dBm
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 85 Degree C
- Supply Voltage: ±5VDC ±2.5%, ±12 VDC ±5%
- Note: DCA Range: 0 to 60 dB, DCA Resolution: 1 dB, RF to IF Gain: 5 to 10 dB Input 1dB CP: 1 dBm, Total Tuning and Settling Speed : <1 ms to center frequency, Integrated Phase Error: 0.8° RMS, Tuner Frequency Stability : <1ppm/year
Courtesy of everything RF