Introducing IO Ninja
IO Ninja is a professional, scriptable, multi-purpose terminal emulator, network sniffer and IO monitor. It’s aimed at network security experts, system administrators, and all kinds of software/hardware/embedded developers.
We are proud to introduce the hardware Ethernet Tap — a new member to the IO Ninja Tap family, together with Serial Tap and I2C/SPI Tap. These devices are simple yet functional and convenient sniffers for Ethernet, asynchronous serial links (RS232, RS422, RS485, TTL-level UART), I2C, and SPI communications.
IO Ninja 3.12.1 is out!
- Fixed crash on select-word on an empty line in plain-text binary view;
- Fixed lock-down on unplugging Ethernet Tap or I2C/SPI Tap during capture;
- Fixed non-selectable merge-boundaries in text lines.
IO Ninja 3.12.0
- New Ethernet Tap hardware sniffer & plugin;
- Details pane for the master-log-vs-details representation;
- Deep-find — search goes through both the master log and details pane;
- Process name detection in Serial, Pipe Monitor, Mailslot Monitor;
- Post-capture filtering using file name, file ID, process name and PID in Pipe Monitor, Mailslot Monitor;
- Added support for multiple protocols to Pcap Sniffer;
- Post-capture filtering (a.k.a. view filter) in Pcap Sniffer;
- Export to
.pcapin Pcap Sniffer;
- Fix for the
SIGSEGVdue to a write to a read-only page crash in Tibbo Device Monitor on Linux
v5.3.0and above (AMD64 & X86 architectures);
- Fix for the bouncing app icon on Mac when IO Ninja is in the background;
- Support for empty datagrams in UDP Socket;
- Tables in the Ninja Scroll engine — representers can now simply use tabulation (
\t) to create automatically formatted tables;
- Introspection facilities in Jancy — scripts can now inspect their structure at runtime (perfect for writing protocol analyzers);
- Lazy parsing in Jancy — the script code base got much bigger, but the plugins start-up time actually decreased!
For a full list of changes see changelog.txt (also included in all installation packages)