Courtesy of Nordic Semiconductor
The Nordic Thingy:52® is a compact, power-optimized, multi-sensor development kit. It is an easy-to-use development platform, designed to help you build IoT prototypes and demos, without the need to build hardware or write firmware. Embedded SDK and mobile SDK for Android and iOS on GitHub. https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor
The functionality of the Thingy can be configured over-the-air via a Bluetooth API. That makes it possible to create demos and prototypes without actually programming the Thingy itself. The Thingy is built around the nRF52832 Bluetooth® 5 SoC. It connects to Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, laptops, tablets and similar devices, and sends data to/from its sensors and actuators to an app and to the cloud. It comes with the accompanying Nordic Thingy:52 app for iOS, Android and a web app.
- 6×6 cm plastic and rubber case
- Flexible applications that allow full usage out of the box
- All sensors and Bluetooth low energy parameters are configurable through the Bluetooth low energy interface.
- Cloud connection example to IFTTT
- Environment Sensors (temp, humidity, pressure, air quality color and light)
- 9-axis motion sensing (accelerometer, gyroscope and compass)
- Speaker for playing pre-stored samples, tones or sound streamed over Bluetooth low energy (8-bit 8kHz LoFi)
- Microphone streaming
- Configurable RGB LED and button.
- Simple Mobile application development SDKs for Android, iOS (Java and Swift 3.0) and web apps
- Source code available for apps and firmware
- Long battery life with Li-ion battery and charging via USB.
- Secure OTA DFU for product updates
- Nordic Thingy:52
- nRF5 SDK available to download