Courtesy of Tibbo Technology : Cable Probes (I2C Sensors)
Cable Probes are a family of miniature environment sensors. At the moment, Tibbo offers four Probe types: ambient temperature sensor (CP#01), ambient temperature and humidity sensor (CP#02), ambient light sensor (CP#03), and IR receiver/transmitter (BP#04). The Probes are functionally compatible with Tibbits #29, #30, #28, and #27 respectively.
Compared to their Tibbit counterparts, Cable Probes offer several advantages:
The accuracy of temperature (#29) and temperature/humidity (#30) Tibbits suffers from the internal heat generated by the Tibbo Project System (TPS). External Cable Probes #01 and #02 solve this by being outside of the TPS enclosure.
The ambient light sensing Tibbit #28 and IR receiver/transmitter Tibbit #27 are at a disadvantage because, being a part of the TPS system, they cannot be easily pointed in the required direction. In contrast, Cable Probes #03 and #04 can be easily mounted in the desired place and orientation.
Cable Probes are inconspicuous and can be mounted on walls and ceilings without attracting unwanted attention. The Probes come with a 100cm cable and are available with and without mounting ears.
Use the Probes in your system
Tibbo Cable Probes #01~03 communicate via a simple I2C interface and can be incorporated into virtually any control system.
By combining our Tibbo Project System (TPS) devices with Cable Probes you can also create your own environment monitoring systems.
- CP#01 (ambient temperature sensor):
- CP#02 (ambient temperature and humidity sensor):
- I2C interface;
- Based on the same HIH6130 IC as Tibbit #30;
- Mates with Tibbit connectors #20/#21, and Tibbit module #00-3;
- Temperature measurement:
- Measurement range: -25 to +50°C;
- Measurement resolution: 0.5°C;
- Measurement accuracy: not specified.
- Humidity measurement:
- Measurement range: 10 to 90%RH;
- Measurement resolution: ±5%RH;
- Measurement accuracy: ±4%RH;
- Temp. range for valid humidity measurements: +5 to +50°C.
- CP#03 (ambient light sensor):
- CP#04 (IR receiver/transmitter):
- Two versions: without mounting ears and with mounting ears.
- Supplied with a 100cm cable.
- Power: 5VDC±10%.
- Dimensions (LxWxH):
- Without mounting ears: 22 x 29 x 12mm;
- With mounting ears: 36 x 29 x 12mm.
- Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +85C.
Test App for Sensor Tibbits and Cable Probes: UI version
This Tibbo BASIC app is for testing sensor Tibbits and Cable Probes*. The app detects a sensor Tibbit or a Cable Probe type and displays the readings from this Tibbit (Probe) on the LCD. There is also a Sensor-Tester-Web app that implements a web interface.
Test App for Sensor Tibbits and Cable Probes: Web version
Again, this app uses DHCP, so you will need to find out the IP address of your TPS box before you can point your browser at it. The easiest way to do this is by using the Device Explorer utility. You can install just the Explorer, or our Tibbo IDE (TIDE) software — Device Explorer will be installed along with it.