40 V, 4.0 A CC/CV Step-Down DC/DC Converter with USB PD 3.0 PPS
- USB certified charger design available
- Supports small ceramic output capacitors
- 50 mOhm integrated high-/low-side FETs
- Input voltage range: 4.5 to 40 V
- Integrated mini-buck bias supply: 5 V at 350 mA
- I2C Programmable output voltage: 3 to 24 V in 12.5 mV steps
- I2C Programmable output current limit: 0 to 4 A with 256 step resolution
- Fixed-frequency current-mode control: 450 kHz to 2.25 MHz
- External clock synchronization and 100% duty cycle operation
- Out of AM radio / spread-spectrum operation
- Auxiliary LDO: 0.9 to 4.0 V at 20 mA
- I2C interface, fast-mode plus (Fm+, 1 MHz) with configurable address
Qorvo’s ACT4752 is a programmable DC-to-DC buck converter with bias supply rails for microcontrollers or USB PD controllers. It supports a wide input voltage range from 4.5 to 40 V and uses a synchronous step-down (buck) voltage regulator architecture. It integrates both the high side and low side MOSFETS. These 50 mOhm RDSON transistors enable high efficiency to reduce power losses.
ACT4752 supports smaller MLCC (multi-layer ceramic capacitor) devices.
The product’s main buck converter can be dynamically programed to an output voltage between 3 and 24 V in 12.5 mV steps via the I2C interface or analog feedback. It also can dynamically program output current between 0 and 4 A in 256 steps via the I2C interface in a constant-current (CC) operation mode. The main buck operates in a proprietary current mode control that supports external clock syncing for switching frequencies between 450 kHz and 2.25 MHz.
ACT4752 is a perfect solution for USB Power Delivery (PD) 3.0 and Programmable Power Supply (PPS) applications. The product integrates a 5 V / 350 mA mini-buck converter and a 20 mA AUX LDO to simplify application system designs. These rails can power up a controller and the 1.5 W VCONN line in active USB-C cables.
ACT4752 is available in a 32-pin 5mm x 5mm QFN package with a power optimized footprint and exposed pad for improved thermal performance.
|Input Voltage(V)||4.5 to 40|
|Max Output Current(A)||4.0|
|Frequency(kHz)||450 to 2,250|
|USB PD 3.0 PPS Certification||Yes|
|Programmable Current Limit||Output|
|Auxiliary Power Rails||Mini-Buck: 350mA; LDO: 20mA|
|Package Type||QFN, 32-pin|
|Package(mm)||5 x 5|
|Product Data Sheet
Rev A – 07/16/2020
Courtesy of Qorvo