Webinar: Pushing Board-to-Board Interconnect Performance | June 21, 9:30 AM EDT | IMS Industry Talks
Southwest Microwave will host the webinar “Pushing Board-to-Board Interconnect Performance” on Monday, June 21, at 9:30 a.m. EDT in the IMS Virtual Exhibition “Industry Talks” Auditorium.
“The demand for micro sub-miniature push-on (SMPM) connectors to achieve ultra-high frequencies while decreasing system footprint continues to expand,” said Don Bradfield, Southwest Microwave General Manager and webinar presenter. “Unfortunately, these connectors – based on the sub-miniature push-on (SMP) connector design concept – often fail to meet electrical and structural performance needs.”
Bradfield explained that during this 30-minute webinar, participants will:
- DEVELOP an understanding of various interface characteristics and the associated design and performance challenges
- RECOGNIZE the impact of engage and disengage forces
- DISCOVER how to resolve challenges related to misalignment, number of engagements, insertion loss, VSWR and board damage
The webinar is open to IMS Virtual Exhibition attendees. Register here for a complimentary pass using discount code FC10263. On-demand viewing will be available until July 25.
Visit Southwest Microwave IMS virtual booth in the Interconnect Exhibition Hall to discuss your interconnect needs and learn more about our featured products:
- SuperMini Board-to-Board Connectors: Accommodate misalignment of up to 10 mils axial and +/- 10° radial with no performance degradation
- End Launch Connectors: Robust, reusable, repairable, solderless
- Precision Adapters: New 1.35 mm series joins our adapter line that provides near metrology-grade performance for demanding applications